Who says comfort food is only for winter? Not me! Nothing beats a warm meal that sticks to the ribs and makes you feel all warm inside! Even in summer. This crockpot meal is easy and tasty! Try it out.
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of all fat)
- 2 cups 2% shredded cheese (I used the Mexican blend, but use what you like)
- 10.5 oz low fat cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 box of Rice-a-Roni Chicken rice
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together the cream of chicken soup and chicken stock and pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking time prepare the rice on the stove-top according to the instructions on the package.
- Shred the chicken breast meat up into bite sized pieces.
- Add the cooked rice and shredded cheese and mix together in the slow cooker.
- Re-cover and allow to cook on LOW heat for just about 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and then you are ready to serve and enjoy!
Servings – 6
Personalize! Don’t forget to add things you like. Try a different style of rice. Spice it up and add the yellow rice. Throw in some corn or peas to bulk it up. Make it yours!
Do you have a suggestion for this post? Comment below and let us know. Don’t forget, if you like our content, let us know and give us a rating! Remember to sign up for updates so you don’t miss them! If you have questions or concerns, feel free to go to our contact page and send us an email.