*****Pic Coming Soon!******
This was a collaborative recipe with my hubby. He wanted something “different” that he could freeze and pop in the microwave during the work week. Obviously, these aren’t my thing, but he LOVES them. I hope you do too!
- 1 cup chopped uncooked onions
- 1 rib medium uncooked celery, chopped
- 4 medium uncooked bell peppers
- 6 oz canned mushrooms
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean Fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- 1 1⁄3 cups egg whites
- Cut tops off peppers and clean out insides.
- Sautée onions and celery until starting to brown. Add mushrooms.
- Divide onion mixture between all 4 peppers
- Add crumbles to each (about a heaping Tbsp per pepper)
- Add egg whites
- Bake at 350 until done (about 30 minutes)
- Cheese can be added before microwaving.
Tip: You could also mix everything together to make it easier. Then you just scoop the mixture into each pepper and bake as directed. Hubs likes his egg whites really done, so he cooked for 40 minutes. Use your own tastes to guide you on cooking time. Hubs said cooking the cheese at the same time made it taste rubbery.
Remember to play with the veggies in this. Add what you like and experiment.
Do you have a suggestion for this post? Comment below and let us know. Don’t forget, if you like our content, let us know and give us a rating! Remember to sign up for updates so you don’t miss them! If you have questions or concerns, feel free to go to our contact page and send us an email.