I honestly think I could live off this dish alone. When I joined WW, I thought dishes like this would have to be a “splurge”. But I was wrong, sooo wrong! Probably the one time I enjoyed being wrong! Took a little bit of tweaking, but I got it there. I hope you enjoy as much as we did!
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless, trimmed of all fat)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper, seasoned salt (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Minced garlic – to taste (depending on how much you like garlic, add what you like. We like a lot of garlic! I used about 3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup high-quality Parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Italian parsley, diced, optional as garnish
- 10 oz Fiber Gourmet penne (or rotini, or macaroni, whatever you like)
- In skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil and let heat.
- Add chicken breasts. Cook until done, set aside.
- Add butter and let it begin to melt. Stir in diced garlic and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and stir quickly to form a paste.
- Quickly stir in chicken broth and use whisk to remove any lumps.
- Stir in milk. Let simmer for 6-8 minutes or until it starts to thicken, whisking often.
- Cut up chicken.
- Turn heat to medium-low and add Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, to taste. .
- Remove from heat and let thicken. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Add pasta & chicken to sauce
- Top with parsley & a little extra Parmesan
Points: 6 per serving
Personalize it! You could totally add mushrooms to this to bulk it up. I like to serve with a side salad.